Director of Treasury & Financial Planning and Analysis
Company: Diamond Foods
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Since 1912, when it was started by a group of California walnut growers, Diamond of California-- was on a mission to bring the bounty from California's Central Valley walnut orchards to America's tables. From the beginning, we sought out the very best with the knowledge that Diamond Nuts would be used in treasured and new family recipes. Today, we bring a wider range of nuts from our growers and farms to tables worldwide. Now over 105 years later, we are still guided by our belief that Diamond Nuts are Made for Homemade. Along with our sister company (National Pecan), Diamond of California is part of Diamond Foods, LLC, headquartered in Stockton, California. Diamond Foods is now owned by Blue Road Capital, a private equity firm based in New York, which is focused on holdings in the agricultural space. With the support of Blue Road Capital, Diamond of California is in the midst of a major transformation to create a modern, growth brand participating the growing consumer desire to incorporate more plant-based products in their diets, for reasons including health and wellness, taste, texture and variety. Diamond of California is a leader in the culinary nut category, with the largest branded share in America's grocery stores. Culinary nuts are generally raw, unflavored nuts sold in both the baking and produce departments. Diamond is on a renewed mission to lead this category for the next generation of consumers who use nuts in cooking, baking, snacks and even beverages. We are in the early stages of a complete brand renovation, which encompasses product, packaging, pricing, placement, marketing, and new product development. Diamond has led the category's marketing in the areas of social media and food influencer partnerships. The brand has the largest social presence in the category with nearly 800,000 followers on Facebook, approximately 5x greater than the next brand. In addition, Diamond was an early innovator in food influencer partnerships, working with the blogger community to create a Culinary Ambassador program. We partner with bloggers for content, recipes, and authentic endorsements of Diamond Nuts products. POSITION OVERVIEW: Diamond Foods is seeking an accomplished Finance professional to fill the position of Director of Treasury and Finance. This exciting and challenging opportunity has wide-ranging responsibilities and requires an enthusiastic and experienced professional who will lead the treasury and financial planning organizations. This individual will provide timely, insightful financial analysis, treasury and cash management and other information to further our Company's growth and success. The primary responsibilities of this hands-on, high profile position include leading the creation of the annual financial plan, managing recurring rolling forecasts, monthly financial performance reporting, cash forecasting and management, providing actionable information to the SVP of Finance, CEO and other business leaders, business case/investment analysis, sophisticated financial modeling and various ad hoc financial analysis and project work. Exceptional leadership and strong communication skills are keys to success in this position. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively manage the company's liquidity forecasting process ensuring its accuracy and timeliness
- Manage working capital, debt obligations, interest payments, and lender relationships
- Advise on the liquidity aspects of short- and long-range planning
- Analyze new business initiatives to assess the liquidity risk implications and funding requirements
- Lead the annual financial and strategic planning process from start to finish, including compilation of the annual operating budget and capital plan
- Create and manage corporate-wide financial forecasts. Provide detailed commentary regarding variances of actual results to budget and forecast. Continually improve the forecasting process by working closely with management teams, ensuring that financial performance and variances to expectations are clearly understood
- Work closely with the management team to help execute the vision and strategy for the organization by developing reporting, tracking key metrics and developing presentations to convey progress toward company initiatives
- Perform ad hoc planning and analysis including preparation of financial models, scenario analysis, profit and loss forecasts and trend analysis related to the current business, deal analysis and various business cases EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or MBA
- 7+ years prior experience in accounting, finance or planning and analysis
- Strong financial modeling and scenario analysis skills. Extremely proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint as well as good working knowledge of other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently and produce reliable, error-free deliverables within deadline. Proven ability to set priorities and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and changing Environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong influence skills
- Highly driven with the ability to provide solid judgment and analyze and solve problems Some degree of accounting and ERP experience preferred To apply please send resume to: Pre-employment drug testing required. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Diamond Foods, Stockton , Director of Treasury & Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!