Assistant Marketing Manager - Diamond of California
Company: Diamond Foods
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Since 1912, when it was started by a group of California walnut growers, Diamond of California-- was on a mission to bring the bounty from California's Central Valley walnut orchards to America's tables. From the beginning, we sought out the very best with the knowledge that Diamond Nuts would be used in treasured and new family recipes. Today, we bring a wider range of nuts from our growers and farms to tables worldwide. Now over 105 years later, we are still guided by our belief that Diamond Nuts are Made for Homemade. Along with our sister company (National Pecan), Diamond of California is part of Diamond Foods, LLC, headquartered in Stockton, California. Diamond Foods is now owned by Blue Road Capital, a private equity firm based in New York, which is focused on holdings in the agricultural space. With the support of Blue Road Capital, Diamond of California is in the midst of a major transformation to create a modern, growth brand participating the growing consumer desire to incorporate more plant-based products in their diets, for reasons including health and wellness, taste, texture and variety. POSITION OVERVIEW: Diamond of California is a leader in the culinary nut category, with the largest branded share in America's grocery stores. Culinary nuts are generally raw, unflavored nuts sold in both the baking and produce departments. Diamond is on a renewed mission to lead this category for the next generation of consumers who use nuts in cooking, baking, snacks and even beverages. We are in the early stages of a complete brand renovation, which encompasses product, packaging, pricing, placement, marketing, and new product development. Diamond has led the category's marketing in the areas of social media and food influencer partnerships. The brand has the largest social presence in the category with nearly 800,000 followers on Facebook, approximately 5x greater than the next brand. In addition, Diamond was an early innovator in food influencer partnerships, working with the blogger community to create a Culinary Ambassador program. We partner with bloggers for content, recipes, and authentic endorsements of Diamond Nuts products. The Diamond of California temporary assistant marketing manager will support the brand for a period of approximately 10 to 12 weeks. It is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to gain some hands-on exposure to a consumer business in its early stages of transformation. The role is based out of our Stockton, CA headquarters which is commutable to the greater far East Bay Area, Sacramento, and Modesto areas. The position reports to the Diamond Foods CMO and Associated Director of Marketing. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The temporary Assistant Marketing Manager will support the evolution of our brand.
- Helps coordinate and project manage tactical initiatives with our agency partners, including packaging design, public relations, and social/digital agencies
- Provides support (spec sheets, artwork, etc.) in our new product process in partnership with our cross-functional team
- Helps execute Shopper Marketing and brand promotions (e.g. coupons, holiday promotions)
- Provides support to needs of our social/PR agency (artwork, product information, samples)
- Helps run basic excel analysis on our retail performance in IRI, and costs of brand promotions
- Uploads artwork to our BOX database, and shares photography with sales and marketing team
- Special projects as assigned to support brand development and day-to-day department needs EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILL PROFILE:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4+ years work experience, ideally in marketing, and preferably in consumer packaged goods/services
- We seek candidates with well-rounded skill profiles:
- Fact-based and pragmatic
- High personal ownership
- Authentic style of leadership
- Intellectual curiosity
- Scrappy - works smartly, efficiently, and considers both time and cost
- Navigates ambiguity and creates clarity Diamond Foods will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of this Article. Diamond Foods, LLC does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Diamond Foods will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Diamond Foods, LLC. To apply please send resume to: Pre-employment drug testing is required and background check. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Diamond Foods, Stockton , Assistant Marketing Manager - Diamond of California, Advertising , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!