Intermediate DevOps Engineer
Company: Health Plan of San Joaquin
Location: French Camp
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Tracking Code 1673-942 Job Description What You Will Be Doing:
This role involves being responsible for continuous integration,
deployment, automation and production issues, specification and
documentation of processes to bridge gaps between development and
- Analyzes and documents application integrations, dependencies
and data/process flows.
- Designs, builds and maintains automation jobs in support of
business applications and integrations.
- Develops and maintains standards for operational deployments of
new releases of software.
- Develops relationships with IT development teams,
infrastructure teams and vendors for successful implementation and
execution of operational workloads.
- Builds and tests automation tools.
- Deploys new software releases to PROD environments.
- Designs and develops reporting for process visibility, error
rates and automation KPIs.
- Maintains and develops the processes for transition to
operations, including tool evaluation, deployment management,
change management and communication planning.
- Creates and maintains process documents as needed.
- Trains and mentors junior team members as needed. Required
Skills What You Bring: Required
- In-depth knowledge of and strong skills in server, application
and database configuration/maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of and strong skills in continuous
integration/deployment technologies and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of automation tools, database systems and
- Basic development skills in at least two of the following:
Software, Web, Scripting, Automation or Database/T-
- Basic knowledge of and skills in agile development processes
and best practices.
- Basic knowledge of security frameworks.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to
communicate professionally and effectively to diverse individuals
inside and outside of the organization, and effectively explain
- Strong attention to detail; monitors and checks work; completes
work according to procedures, standards or other
- Strong decision-making skills; makes sound, timely decisions
after contemplating options.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Quantity: Produces the appropriate volume of work.
- Quality: Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new
problems, using both successes and failures to learn.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult
- Knows the most effective and efficient process to get things
done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Interpersonal skills - interacts effectively with individuals
both inside and outside of HPSJ; relates openly and comfortably
with diverse groups of people.
- Time management and organizational skills. Uses time
effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her
efforts on the more important priorities. Can attend to a broader
range of activities. Meets deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate
- Basic programming and development knowledge.
- Strong knowledge with security frameworks. Required Experience
What you Have: Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Computer Information Systems or related; and
- Two or more years of experience working in a DevOps or similar
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred
- Healthcare and/or health plan experience. What You Will Get:
- HPSJ Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust and affordable health/dental/vision (90% paid medical
for employees and 100% paid dental/vision for employees) with
choices in providers
- Generous paid time off (starting at 3 weeks of PTO, 4 paid
floating holidays including employee's birthday, and 9 paid
- CalPERS retirement pension program, automatic employer-paid
retirements contributions, in addition to voluntary defined
- Two flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy
- Supplemental medical, legal, identity theft protection
- Access to exclusive discount mall
- Education and training reimbursement in addition to
employer-paid elective learning courses.
- A chance to work for an organization that is mission-driven -
our members and community are at the core of everything we do.
- A shorter commute --- if you're commuting from the Central
Valley to the Bay Area.
- Visibility and variety - you have a chance to work with people
at all levels of the organization, and work on diverse projects.--
- Continuously improve the health of our community. Our Mission:
- We provide healthcare value and advance wellness through
community partnerships. Job Location French Camp, California,
United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Health Plan of San Joaquin, Stockton , Intermediate DevOps Engineer, Engineering , French Camp, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!