Company: AFL Telecommunications, LLC
Posted on: April 2, 2021
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor
accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe.
Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and
has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network,
employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently
generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars. In April of
2019, AFL made a major investment in ITC Service Group, a
Sacramento-based company providing broadband installation, design
and staffing services to the telecommunications and IT industries.
ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services
and workforce solutions for the nationwide planning design,
construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video
networks. AFL and ITC were built and are operated on similar core
values and philosophies. This will prove extremely beneficial to
our customers and our employees. With our commitment to
professional growth and employee development, let AFL "Connect" you
to your next career opportunity! Job Summary:
We are seeking individuals in various markets including (Stockton,
CA) to collect field data for a project currently underway. Field
Engineers are responsible for aerial and underground data
collection while validating a viable cost-effective path for
engineering. Decision making will take into consideration value
engineering and the impact on construction, installation and future
maintenance. Field Engineers must possess a comprehensive
understanding of telecommunications design and the ability to
support engineering. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES--(INCLUDING, BUT NOT
- Collect relevant Pole Information and accurately document
existing measurements and placement.
- Determine ideal locations for new above ground facilities and
- Develop accurate fiber/optical network construction
- Conduct new substructure site surveys and site walks.
- Determine existing and new locations for fiber optic
- Inspect the work of construction contractors.
- Accurately depict new construction route opportunities.
- Assure that personal vehicle is maintained to company safety
- Take pictures of job sites, pole conditions and other relevant
structures or landmarks.
- Make hand drawn sketches of recommended engineering design
while in the field or facility.
- Upload clear images files, hand notes, and sketches and edit
for quality and cohesiveness. REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and ability to accommodate travel in
- Computer and printer with scanning capabilities.
- Ability to upload/download and edit documents in Project
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe
Acrobat. Working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps. Ability to quickly
learn new systems and databases.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including
changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide
solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work
- Ability to follow direction in maintaining all Field Safety
- GRIT (guts, reliability, innovation and teamwork). DESIRED
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or
- Experience in either the engineering, construction,
architecture, or telecommunications industries is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications engineering
- Capable of identifying issues in the field that would have a
potential to impact network design.
- Able to collect necessary data from the field for determining a
design including all necessary OSP features.
- Fiber networking and cable routing.
- Knowledgeable in GO 95, GO 128 and/or NESC requirements.
- Experience with interpreting cable or substructure
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications construction
- Able to identify and suggest all types of construction methods
within ROW, identify assumed public ROW, visually identify existing
- Fiber construction operations/management/provisioning
- Basic Knowledge of Make-Ready Construction
- Able to identify potential cable moves and, guying and
anchoring requirements to make room for new cable attachments.
- Able to effectively account for all information that is
required to attach to a pole and complete all necessary
measurements and photos.
- Experience in estimating existing utility locations.
Keywords: AFL Telecommunications, LLC, Stockton , Field Engineer, Engineering , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!