Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Company: Condor Earth Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
POSITION SUMMARYResponsible for geotechnical engineering and
related civil engineering and assist with engineering aspects of
environmental projects. Assigned tasks may include preparation of
proposals, geotechnical field data collection, preparation of
engineering reports and/or plans, construction observations,
calculations, and final engineering of civil and geotechnical
engineering projects associated with commercial, industrial,
schools, residential, tunnel design and associated retaining
structures, grading design, roadways, etc. Typical tasks include
the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, and reports.
At various times will serve as Project Manager, Geotechnical
Engineer, or engineering staff manager with responsibility for
applying extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering
principles and experience in broad areas and applying advanced
techniques, theory, concepts, and practices.
Participation in business development through existing and new
client contacts is anticipated.
As a Project Manager- plans, coordinates and directs a large and
important engineering project or a number of smaller projects with
many complex features, and includes responsibility for financial
control and billing.As a Geotechnical Engineer- serves as a
technical specialist, staff advisor, and consultant to a technical
specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development
of new or improved techniques or procedures to create new or refine
equipment, materials, processes, or methods.As an Engineer Staff
Manager-Supervision/Coordination/Direction of engineering and
support personnel is usual at this level. Shall assist in
evaluating staffing needs and participate in staff recruitment.
Track group performance, coordinate work assignments, arbitrate
disputes, monitor individual performance through written
- Supervise/oversee field geotechnical investigations, drilling,
logging, and soil descriptions.
- Expected to communicate effectively with owners and
contractors, and to contribute to proposal preparation and business
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports and perform
engineering analysis and design. All work will be peer-reviewed by
a Condor Shareholder before release.
- Some projects may include tasks to direct, prepare, and review
project drawings and sketches in conjunction with other technical
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Organized - Ability to be structured and methodical in working
- Reliability - Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a
task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to relate to topics that require
an understanding or specialized knowledge.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
- Seven to ten years of industry related work experience
including a minimum of three years supervising others.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering
required. Master's degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS Office Suite applications,
geotechnical and geological analysis software, and succinct
technical writing style.
- California Professional Engineer Registration required with a
path to Geotechnical Engineer registration.
- This position will require the ability to sit at a desk working
four to eight hours with appropriate rest and meal breaks.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
(Protective clothing, possibly a respirator, etc.).
- Ability to monitor a computer screen for extended periods of
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to travel 10-40% throughout the markets we serve
(primarily Northern California).
Keywords: Condor Earth Technologies, Inc., Stockton , Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Engineering , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!