Retail Grocery Buyer
$40k-84K depending on experience
Working under limited direction, places purchase orders in
accordance with established policies and
guidelines in the majority of duties, for maintaining a consistent
inventory level. Monitors inventory levels,
reorders at optimum time and price, and works closely with sales
representative to maximize sales.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Write purchase orders. Responsible for the timely procurement of
inventory in sufficient quantities to service
2. Monitors inventory levels, reorders at optimum time and price,
and works closely with sales representatives to maximize sales.
3. Confer with vendors to obtain product information such as price,
availability, and delivery schedule.
4. Manage new and deleted item processing.
5. Analyze fill rates, inventory turns, and cost controls and react
appropriately when our goals are not being met.
6. Manage aged inventory and dead stock.
7. Responsible for inventory integrity which includes the
monitoring and control of dated product/ inventory, dead
stock management, and the timely handling of new items and
8. Maintain order tracking, monitor inventory levels, and resolve
problems as they occur as well as identify areas for improvement in
9. Assume responsibility for first response with customer
communications, response to concerns, and over all customer
10. Studies product movement histories, lead times and current
movement to ensure optimum ordering.
11. Works closely with warehouse management to verify receipt of
items ordered, monitors inventory levels, the shelf life of
products, and movement trends. Ensures timely shipments,
coordinating with warehouse
inventory control and shipping.
12. Communicate with inventory control to follow up with lost
13. Maintains records, and prepares reports and correspondence
relative to the work.
14. Performs related and incidental work as required in the
completion of assigned tasks.
Education. Requires some college with specialized course work in
purchasing or inventory control. In the absence of formal
education, experience that is equivalent and directly related may
Experience. Position requires 3 or more years of retail or
warehouse purchasing experience and sales experience including at
least four years as a purchasing agent or buyer capacity,
preferably in a small to medium sized company.
Knowledge. Position requires a demonstrated knowledge of
established purchasing policies and procedures including
familiarity with a system-based purchasing system an advantage.
Skills and Abilities. Must be self-directed and possess strong
decision making skills. Ability to work independently as well as a
cross-functional team member. Must possess the ability to perform
detail work and detect discrepancies on documents. Effective oral
and written communication skills as well as analytical and
organizational skills required. Must have ability to multi-task and
meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be PC literate in
Word, Excel, and the Internet.
Please Send resumes to me.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected