Health & Safety Manager
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Collaborate with operations personnel to integrate Health & Safety
into all activities and decision making processes at assigned
locations throughout the country.
- Prevention of vehicle accidents and work related injuries
- Compliance with company policies, procedures, and agency
- Warehousing and Transportation safety management
- Monitor and analyze H&S performance
- Provide communication to Operations' Leadership regarding
performance status and make recommendations for improvement
- Monitor effectiveness of performance improvement efforts, with
emphasis on both leading and trailing indicators
- Provide regulatory interpretations and updates, support for
Operations' Leadership, oversee effective safety training
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Safety and Senior
- Three years safety management experience
- Warehousing Operations knowledge is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT, and OSHA regulations and
requirements is preferred, but not required
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic safety management techniques
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective team building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, and
accomplish goals & objectives
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Bachelors Degree
- Flexibility regarding travel - average 3 nights away per week -
includes some weekends
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to
include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain
information; and remember and understand certain instructions or
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Stockton , Health & Safety Manager, Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!