Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee - Transportation (Penske Logistics)
Company: Penske Truck Leasing
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee - Transportation
(Penske Logistics) (Job Number: 2204217 ) Ready to move your career
forward? As a Penske Logistics ("PL") Supply Chain and Logistics
Management Trainee you will use your hard-earned degree to
contribute to the overall success of the business. Looking for cool
projects? You'll discover opportunities to proactively improve
customer's processes, while being exposed to financial reporting
and key performance indicators (KPI's). Like developing teams? Put
your leadership skills to work while learning how to lead a team of
high-energy, driven associates in our fast-paced environment.
Penske will introduce you to our business with industry leading
technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and
mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to
succeed in our business. Things move fast at Penske. You will too.
You'll be on a fast track to furthering your leadership career,
with advancement opportunities upon graduation from the program.
Are you eligible?
- You've got an undergraduate degree (Is it in a Business or
Supply Chain field? Even better!)
- Your leadership track record is evident whether in class, on
campus, in your community, or in the military
- You're legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. o
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor individuals for
employment visas for these positions.
- Program will start in June and go for approximately 9-12
- You're able to live in Stockton, CA. Our Program: This position
is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience
to launch their career with Penske. Our dedicated training program
will prepare you to oversee logistics operations including customer
service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper
documentation and procedure control. Hands-on experience will help
you learn to effectively manage driver deliveries,
loading/unloading of trailers, cross docking and customer service
operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost
objectives. Upon graduation from the program, you'll be prepared to
lead a small group of hourly associates in a dedicated contract
- Ensure that all associates are motivated, engaged, trained and
competent and understand how their work relates to the customers'
- Foster a safe work environment by complying with and
administering established safety and operational procedures.
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives
and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily.
- Effectively resolve issues and monitor day-to-day operations
for compliance using organizational and time management
- Learn the Kaizen methodology and implement Lean processes.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to
increase productivity of dispatch operations.
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of
fleet/ equipment. Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Internship or related work experience in a customer-facing role
- Military experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and navigate various technology
- Committed to learning and growing; receptive to feedback and
- High level of commitment to operation and job
- Results oriented, attention to detail and effective time
management and organizational skills.
- Builds and develops positive working relationships within
department at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required. Physical Requirements:
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle and feel, and to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs./12 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus. If you're looking for a company ready
to both encourage and challenge you professionally, Penske may be
the place for you. Contact us for more information, we'd love to
talk to you about this opportunity! Penske is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All candidates are required to complete a Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to
include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug
screening. About Penske Logistics Penske Logistics is a wholly
owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North
America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides
supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies
around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its
design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and
freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations : 4331 Pock Lane 4331 Pock Lane Stockton, CA 95206
Primary Location : United States-California-Stockton Job :
Logistics/Supply Chain Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not
edit): : PL.Management Trainee Req ID: 2204217
Keywords: Penske Truck Leasing, Stockton , Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee - Transportation (Penske Logistics), Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!