Business Intelligence Manager
Company: Community Medical Centers, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Quality Improvement, the Business
Intelligence Manager plays a vital role in helping CMC achieve its
mission to improve the health and quality of life for members of
the communities we serve by developing the organization's Business
Intelligence strategy and supervising and leading the team
responsible for BI solution development, management, and processes.
The Business Intelligence Manager designs a strategy to promote a
data-driven culture at CMC.Qualfications:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Analytics, Mathematics,
Statistics, Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer
Sciences or related major from an accredited college or
- Masters Degree preferred in related study
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in data related fields
working in data analytics or business intelligence capacity
- Demonstrates expert level proficiency with complex SQL (multi
joins, subqueries, unions) and creation of database objects
(tables, views, store procedures, etc.)
- Demonstrates expert level proficiency with SQL Server
relational database management system (RDBMS)
- Experience delivering high quality Report & Analytics solutions
that meet user requirements with minimal on-going maintenance and a
low volume of production incidents
- Demonstrates expert level data visualization skills and
experience using Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik or other data visualization
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot, and perform root cause
analysis of, production incidents and establish countermeasures to
improve supported BI applications.
- Demonstrate ability for completing multiple complex
- Ability to work without direct supervision based on general
direction provided by a supervisor, director, subject matter
expert, or data steward.
- Actively seeks and embraces coaching and mentoring from team
members and contributes to the success and development of the team
through effective partnering.
- Ability to anticipate functional, design, or technical problems
with standard recurring work or projects and negotiate a viable
alternative before the issues manifest itself in production
operations or development. Considers the big picture and develops
solutions that address multiple problems or needs.
- Ability to independently partner with multidisciplinary
- Makes reliable operational internal decision independently and
reliable tactical external decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to successfully present moderately complex ideas and
information to a variety of audiences, including managers,
directors, executives and external entities. Effective verbal,
written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and control sensitive, confidential
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft office software such as
Excel, Words, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Familiar with health or business applications such as
electronic health records, practice management systems or
- Valid California Driver's License, proof of automobile
insurance and personal transportationSPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Coordinate with various business teams, subject matter experts,
or external entities to translate business requirements into
coherent Business Intelligence (BI) reports, datasets, dashboards,
quality measures, or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop Business Intelligence (BI) reports, datasets,
dashboards, quality measures or key performance indicators (KPIs)
using approved BI development processes with BI tools, programming
languages and procedures.
- Conduct research, analysis, and management of BI projects
within assigned budget and timelines.
- Present ideas, information and/or analysis to a variety of
audiences, including managers, directors, executives, and external
entities with statistical and/or narrative documentation.
- Perform user and tool administration within BI tools as
requested and approved.
- Maintain effective documentation of development, maintenance,
- Monitors production solutions and, where necessary, performs
required manual procedures.
- Prepares/Updates design specifications and operations
documentation for BI solutions promoted to the production
- Develops/Enhances BI and ETL processes that reflect best
practices for error handling, operations logging and alerts,
scheduling and job control, etc.
- Identifies improvements to operational processes and leads
projects to implement such as improvements, applying solid project
management skills, team/user communications, etc.
- Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported solutions.
- Manage work queue of incidents and user requests within Service
Management applications (such as ClickUp, Jira, Autotask,
- Coordination with the Infrastructure team(s) (Information
Systems, Health Information Technology, etc.) on maintenance of
hardware, upgrades, database administration/tuning, etc. of the
Enterprise Data Warehouse(s) and BI environments.
- Install/Test software patches/upgrades and test operating
systems, hardware, software, and database patches/upgrades
installed by system administrator(s).
- Manage upgrades, modifications, maintenance and troubleshooting
of BI systems.
- Contributes to data governance through committee participation,
data curriculum training, data literacy campaigns, etc.
- Validate data warehouse system for data integrity, quality and
- Contributes to the realization of CMCs mission. Understands how
their work supports the mission and proposes better ways to achieve
the mission. Articulates these ideas in a manner that builds
consensus and influences decision making at the Director and
- Partners with leadership to design, enhance, prioritize and
improve CMCs Business Intelligence strategy
- Oversee the daily operations of the Business Intelligence
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction to
Business Intelligence team members
- Conduct timely annual performance reviews for each member of
the Business Intelligence team
- Understands and applies HIPAA standards and regulations to all
areas of work.
- Performs other duties as assignedEOE
Keywords: Community Medical Centers, Inc., Stockton , Business Intelligence Manager, Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!