Northern California Safety Manager
Company: MDU Resources Group
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Northern California Safety ManagerCompany:Knife River
Construction-Northern CA Stockton
Div.Department:SafetyLocation:Stockton, CAHiring Manager:Stephen J
EssoyanClosing Date:12/30/2022at 11:59pm CDTJob Type:Full-TimeJob
Summary:This position is responsible for planning, implementing and
coordinating programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries,
illnesses, and financial losses at an operational region, area or
- Plans, implements, administers, and coordinates programs to
reduce or eliminateoccupational injuries, illnesses, and financial
- Identifies and evaluates conditions which could lead to
accidents and financiallosses and recommends corrective
- Conducts or directs research to identify hazards and evaluate
loss producingpotential of a given system, operation, or
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data and
- In coordination with Risk Management and Human Resource (where
applicable)department, manage and monitor work comp, other general
and auto liabilityinsurance claims. Analyze loss runs and design
safety initiatives to address areasof concern.
- Ensures compliance with company safety policies, corporate
safety initiatives,state, local and federal regulations.
- Be proactive in creating a stronger safety culture by
undertaking initiatives toimprove company safety.
- Develops and implements accident-prevention loss control
systems and programs.
- Coordinates safety activities with management to ensure
implementationthroughout the organization.
- Devises methods to evaluate safety program and audits safety
- Strive to reduce accidents and injuries by providing
communication, training andenforcement.
- Notify and train employees on company safety policies.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve safety related situations
/problems (materialquality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
Monitor and discuss safety relatedproduction problems with
team-members and managers/supervisors.
- Maintain liaison with outside organizations to assure
information exchange andmutual assistance.
- Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with
safety managementand participates in activities of related
organizations to update knowledge of safetyprogram
- Stay informed of safety related regulations, rules or laws
impacting the constructionindustry. Provide technical advice of the
impact in the operational divisions.
- Keep involved with governing agencies at ground level on new
laws. Participate inproviding feedback on the development of new
regulations. Participate on availableagency subcommittees as
- Compare benchmarks; monitor inspections (OSHA and MSHA);
address publicsafety complaints.
- Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, safety and environmental
(where applicable)regulation compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in safety, construction, engineering, human
resources or otherappropriate discipline or equivalent combination
- Minimum 5 years experience in management of health and safety
programs forindustry, a regulatory government agency or similar
organization or significantindustry experience with strong safety
- Must possess a valid state drivers license and have an
acceptable driving record.Preferred Requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of health and safety regulations
related to constructionmaterials industry
- General knowledge of insurance and financial matters related to
health and safetyprograms.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as word
processing, spreadsheetor presentation software.
- Working knowledge of construction materials equipment and
- Certified trainer or significant training experience.Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The
employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.Benefits:Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical with
GENEROUS Employer contributions * Flexible Spending Accounts for
Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life
and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Long Term Disability * Profit
Sharing *401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance for
Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Employee Discount Plan for
National Vendors.How To ApplyIf unable to apply online, mail
completed application to:PO Box 6099Stockton, CA 95206-0099Knife
River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status or any other protected category under
applicable state/federal law.Subject to pre-employment drug testing
and background check.This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF)
(Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF)
(Downloads/KRC-72.pdf)MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran
Keywords: MDU Resources Group, Stockton , Northern California Safety Manager, Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!