Distribution Center Assistant General Manager
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: November 23, 2022
The DC Assistant General Manager is responsible for the success of
all operational functions within the highly complex distribution
center environment of approximately 500,000 + square feet to ensure
that it is an outstanding place to work. The DC Assistant General
Manager is responsible for the supervision of a large team of DC
Operations Managers in the Inbound, Warehouse, Outbound and Office
Operations. The DC AGM works with the General Manager to develop
strategies and objectives to maximize productivity and leverage
expenses for the Home Depot distribution center. They must also be
capable of working with Associates, Department Supervisors, DC
Operations Managers, the General Manager as well as Stores, third
party vendors, and the Merchandising, Supply Chain and Operations
- 30% Assists General Managers with the evaluation of the
effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods,
procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely
movement and processing of product; leading associates to
anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events,
seasonal changes, etc.ge to ensure warehouse layout is optimally
aligned for maximum efficiency as seasonality and inventory needs
- 25% Provides recommendations to General Managers with the DC's
financial, operational, people and process and service related
objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains to
reduce overall cost-to-serve; leads associates, and peers to
anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events,
seasonal changes, etc. Depending on DC, may lead management of 3PL
provider to ensure optimal performance and metrics are
- 15% Leads to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse
areas, efficient operations of warehouse management system(s) and
related equipment, inventory is received appropriately and
efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse, proper layout of
warehouse and product placement, and proper maintenance and
organization of all warehouse areas so that it's appearance is
conducive to creating a perfect load for our Stores and
- 15% Coaches, trains, and develops management team informally
and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g.
on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job
performance based feedback. Maintains a union free work environment
by creating an employee-centered work place that demonstrates care
and concern for all Associates.
- 15% Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by
following Home Depot safety policies and procedures - monitor DC
safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily,
weekly and monthly basis
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Reports to DC General Manager - II
- Accountable for the management of a department or functional
group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all
personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance
appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Bachelors Degree concentrating in Operations Management,
Business or Supply Chain
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software
- Previous change management experience (driving, influencing and
inspiring change through communication at all impacted
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Ability to be -on-call- at
various times.. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be open to relocation. Because of the nature of Retail
Distribution, your flexibility to relocate will translate into
increased opportunities for advancement.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and
honest behavior in all Home Depot roles, tasks and
responsibilities; models The Home Depot values.
- Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems
in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately
resolvable; ties all loose ends.
- Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in
which excellent service is provided to all Customers; sees business
through the eyes of the Customer.
- Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish
important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple
demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely
with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to
input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
- Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine
goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term
- Ground-Engaged: Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of
The Home Depot business and how his/her actions affect the
business; uses this knowledge to make effective business decisions;
knows the competition and the industry; foresees future challenges
and takes action to address them.
- Building Relationships: Establishes trust and credibility with
people over time; establishes rapport with people; has smooth
working relationships with people inside and outside of the
- Champions Development: Seeks knowledge about the strengths and
weaknesses of his/her self and Associates; takes steps to maximize
development of both self and Associates.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains a positive attitude; maintains a
high volume, high quality workload under demanding conditions
(e.g., short time frame).
- Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is
a safety role model; holds Associates to a high safety
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Stockton , Distribution Center Assistant General Manager, Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!