Grant Submission Manager
Company: University of the Pacific
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Department Research/Interdisciplinary/Sponsored Programs Campus
Stockton Posting Number 201303487P Full or Part Time Full Time
Number of Months 12 Work Schedule Work performed during standard
business hours. Position End Date Open Date 11/13/2023 Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants This
position will remain open until filled. - Position Summary
Information Primary Purpose The Grant Submission Manager is
responsible for pre-award grant compliance and grant and applicable
contract submissions, supporting the Director of Research.
- Reviews grants and incoming contracts for compliance and
supports submission of faculty and staff led proposals.
- Supports the Director of Research in the application of
proposal and contracts/ bid submission guidelines and any/all
- Provides administrative support for the University-wide
Research Day and the Pacific Undergraduate Research and Creativity
Conference ( PURCC ).
- Assists in coordination of grant training workshops.
- Reviews and incorporates feedback to faculty for budget and
administrative forms in grant submissions.
- Maintains existing grants database and University-wide new
grants software Cayuse.
- Serves as liaison for incoming and outgoing sub-award
compliance review and paperwork.
- Supports grant routing and administration.
- Provide support for other office functions, including
preparation of contracts.
- Assist/ cross train in office compliance functions as need and
maintenance of web based sites related to research.
- Coordinate / support office personnel, including human and
animal research director, and director of strategic research.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
staff. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Familiarity with grant/contract process. Preferred
- Master's Degree.
- One (1) year of experience in grant submission.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer office software
including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation applications
- Ability to work on competing deadlines/priorities.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with
diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and
enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of grant proposal process.
- Advanced use of computer office software: spreadsheet,
databases and outlook.
- Attention to detail, experience with organizing incoming
- Experience creating/reviewing or developing project
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work. Physical Requirements The physical
demands described here are representative but not definitive of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Requires extended periods of sitting both at a workstation and in
meetings, as well as repetitive hand/wrist motion while using
computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing
stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work
performed during standard business hours. Hiring Range $64,480 -
$65,880 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to,
scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's
qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and
organizational considerations when extending an offer. All
applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
screening. AA/EEO Policy Statement University of the Pacific is an
affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to
workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own
policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse
faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of
faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits
to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender,
marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation,
medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression,
or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Are you familiar with the grant/contract process?
Keywords: University of the Pacific, Stockton , Grant Submission Manager, Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!