Posted on: March 18, 2019
Retail Grocery Buyer
$40k-84K depending on experience
Working under limited direction, places purchase orders in accordance with established policies and
guidelines in the majority of duties, for maintaining a consistent inventory level. Monitors inventory levels,
reorders at optimum time and price, and works closely with sales representative to maximize sales.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Write purchase orders. Responsible for the timely procurement of inventory in sufficient quantities to service
2. Monitors inventory levels, reorders at optimum time and price, and works closely with sales representatives to maximize sales.
3. Confer with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
4. Manage new and deleted item processing.
5. Analyze fill rates, inventory turns, and cost controls and react appropriately when our goals are not being met.
6. Manage aged inventory and dead stock.
7. Responsible for inventory integrity which includes the monitoring and control of dated product/ inventory, dead
stock management, and the timely handling of new items and vendors.
8. Maintain order tracking, monitor inventory levels, and resolve problems as they occur as well as identify areas for improvement in the operation.
9. Assume responsibility for first response with customer communications, response to concerns, and over all customer relations.
10. Studies product movement histories, lead times and current movement to ensure optimum ordering.
11. Works closely with warehouse management to verify receipt of items ordered, monitors inventory levels, the shelf life of products, and movement trends. Ensures timely shipments, coordinating with warehouse
inventory control and shipping.
12. Communicate with inventory control to follow up with lost inventory.
13. Maintains records, and prepares reports and correspondence relative to the work.
14. Performs related and incidental work as required in the completion of assigned tasks.
Education. Requires some college with specialized course work in purchasing or inventory control. In the absence of formal education, experience that is equivalent and directly related may be substituted.
Experience. Position requires 3 or more years of retail or warehouse purchasing experience and sales experience including at least four years as a purchasing agent or buyer capacity, preferably in a small to medium sized company.
Knowledge. Position requires a demonstrated knowledge of established purchasing policies and procedures including familiarity with a system-based purchasing system an advantage.
Skills and Abilities. Must be self-directed and possess strong decision making skills. Ability to work independently as well as a cross-functional team member. Must possess the ability to perform detail work and detect discrepancies on documents. Effective oral and written communication skills as well as analytical and organizational skills required. Must have ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be PC literate in Microsoft
Word, Excel, and the Internet.
Please Send resumes to me.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: , Stockton , Buyer, Executive , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!