Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout BioLife Plasma ServicesEvery day at
BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the
lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our
donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a
team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a
comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly
environment.BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda
Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.We are currently looking to hire
individuals who have a California Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1
License (CPT1), a California Certified Phlebotomy Technician 2
License (CPT2), a California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License
(CLS), or a California Medical Laboratory Technician License
(MLT).This position will be based out of our brand new plasma
donation facility in Stockton, CA opening October, 2022! This
position will require 12 weeks of travel for training purposes. All
travel expenses for training will be covered by the company and
will include cost of flights, rental car, lodging, and meals.The
starting rate for this position is $20.50/Hour. Employee may be
eligible for Short Term and/or Long Term incentive benefits.
Employees may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental.
Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match,
Company Holidays, Personal & Vacation Days, Student Loan Repayment
Program and Paid Volunteer Time OffOBJECTIVES/PURPOSEThe Bilingual
Spanish speaking Sr. Plasma Center Technician helps to support our
donors, including our Spanish speaking donors, by providing all Sr.
Plasma Center Technician job duties to our donor populations. -
This position is responsible for performing job functions in
Phlebotomy, and may perform Medical History job skills as assigned
and trained to complete.All below listed responsibilities must be
completed in compliance with federal, state, local and
company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of
day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain complete and
accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.ACCOUNTABILITIESCommitted
to meet customer service expectations (10%)
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
- Helps to support the overall success of BioLife's end to end
donation process and helps to champion BioLife's en Espanol
- Helps to communicate and provide support to all donors,
including Spanish speaking donors to ensure a seamless and
exemplary donation experiencePerform all required duties in the
area of Phlebotomy (including, but not limited to): (70%)
- Perform venipuncture of donors and programming of
- Monitor donors during donation process.
- Recognizes donor reactions and summons Medical Support
Specialist as necessary.
- Perform all duties required for the setup, verification,
operation, and trouble-shooting of plasmapheresis equipment per
SOP, within scope of training.
- Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on the
- Stock supplies, break down empty cartons and assist with proper
disposal.May perform all required duties in the area of Medical
History (including, but not limited to): (20%)
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System
- Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using
the Debit Card system.DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate records. -
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact
or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.Complexity
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting
of materials 32 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance. -
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wearEDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Essential: -
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to fluently and proficiently speak and read in both
English and Spanish
- Must speak, read and write fluent English and Spanish and
successfully pass BioLife's Spanish proficiency test upon
hireDesired: - -Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other
regulated environment is a plusADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsUSA - CA - StocktonWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Stockton , Health Screener, Healthcare , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!