Primary Care Physician
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you ll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
Under supervision of the Medical Director, the Primary Care
Physician provides assessment, planning, primary care, and
continuous medical coverage to WelbeHealth participants in an
interdisciplinary team environment and in accordance with
WelbeHealth standards. Primary Care Physician collaborates
effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the
WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
* Benefits : Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(K) Matching &
* Perks : PTO & Paid Parental Leave, Referral Program & Continuing
* Opportunities for Advancement & Leadership Opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment
* Perform in-person comprehensive assessments on participants and
coordinate with the IDT to develop a comprehensive care plan for
* Be an active member of the IDT communicating participant changes,
collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour
* Work collaboratively with Community-Based Primary Care Physicians
and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care
* In conjunction with the IDT, plan and coordinate discharge for
acute, short-term and long-term placement.
* Provide direction and support to Primary Care Provider.
* Oversee and manage participant s use of medical specialist and
* Admit participant to the hospital and provide attending physician
responsibility directly or through coordination with Hospitalists
keeping the IDT updated.
* Participate in rotating night and weekend call.
* Manage all care of participants in the nursing home providing
regular visits as dictated by WelbeHealth s standards and
* At the direction of the Medical Director, review outcomes and
utilization data, including review of necessity of hospitalizations
and use of specialists; establish best practices with the Medical
Director, and collaborate with clinical staff, Community-Based
Primary Care Physicians, and IDT to make policy and procedural
improvements to reduce unnecessary utilization and improve
* Be legally authorized to practice in position location,
* Only act within the scope of his or her authority to
* Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate
* Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company
procedures and information about team members, participants, and
* Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any
required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and
* Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
* Master s Degree/ Doctorate Degree.
* Board Certification Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
* Board Certification Geriatrics Preferred.
* Active California Physician License without Restrictions.
* State CDS Certification and DEA Registration.
* Valid State Driver s License with a clean DMV record.
* Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
* Ability to build strong working relationships with other
providers and care team.
* Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the triple aim dedication
to improving experience, health, and value for WelbeHealth
* Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best
* Work well in a managed care environment with an interdisciplinary
* Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in
settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the
* Working knowledge of PACE regulations preferred.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced
* Experience and competency working with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
* Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our
vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a
vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of
vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team
members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and
belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People
seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Welbehealth, Stockton , Primary Care Physician, Healthcare , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!