Registered Nurse II, Intensive Care Unit
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Organization:MMC-Memorial Medical CenterPosition Overview:
-Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and
evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care,
patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute
patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all
patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates
a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural,
spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains
collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support
group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely
and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry
standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to
promote an optimal patient experience.Job Description:ASSESSMENT
AND PLANNING OF PATIENT CARE
- Conducts patient and family assessment encompassing
physiological, spiritual and emotional areas.
- Collaborates and communicates with physicians and other members
of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate daily
patient care plan to ensure a plan of care that is patient centric
with continuity of care.
- Partners with peers, management and other healthcare providers
to effectively streamline patient workflow, improve patient
outcomes, and provide the highest care quality.
- Communicates patients' plan of care to co-workers and
on-coming/off-going shift and between departments.PROVISION OF
- Provides competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient
care in accordance with unit, department, hospital policies,
scientific principles, evidence-based nursing practice/process,
nursing objectives and standards of care.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
each patient and their families/support group in accordance with
- Delegates tasks appropriately/effectively to team members based
on legal scopes of practice, licensure, educational preparation,
appropriate guidelines and individual capability.
- Communicates with and explains treatments/activities to patient
and family in a clear, open- ended, collaborative manner showing
care and concern, using teach back to ensure patient understanding
of explanations, and integrating patient learning and educational
- Maintains mindfulness in delivery of individualized care and in
communication with patients and families, with a safety focus.
- Performs job duties in compliance with established hospital
policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal
regulations to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Upholds the confidentiality of all patients protected health
information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional
or inappropriate disclosure.
- Remains current in advancements, trends, and best practices
related to acute care and area of specialty and in professional
nursing practice.EVALUATION OF PATIENT CARE
- Monitors patient care interventions, assesses therapies,
evaluates outcomes, and intervenes as warranted.
- Conducts ongoing education for patients and their families to
ensure optimal patient care from admission through transitions of
- Reassesses, evaluates and documents each patient's response to
the plan of care and adjusts the plan as needed.
- Reports any safety or compliance concerns via appropriate
channels and participates in safety events to prevent future
occurrences. Accurately documents and updates all treatment
information in the patient's electronic health record (EHR).
- Develops, implements, documents formal teaching and transition
planning that includes the patient/family in care for identified
- Verifies and helps validate competency of newly hired and/or
student staff to perform special tasks of nursing care as
- Serves as a clinical resource and mentor to newly hired staff
and helps orient them to the unit, as requested.
- May orient other nursing and patient care support staff,
special tasks of nursing care.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursingCERTIFICATION &
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderDEPARTMENT REQUIRED
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- PALS - PALS-Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- NIHSS - National Institute of Health Stroke Scale - must obtain
within 30-days upon hirePREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED
- 2 years RN with prior experience in ICU in a multiple specialty
acute care facility within the last two yearsSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to
nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology;
anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution
policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and
changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Time management and organizational skills, including the
ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within
standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve
objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, while
accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing
- Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and
families in a variety of stressful situations.
- Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and
solve routine or complex problems
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
deadlines.Job Shift:NightsSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:12Days of
the Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Every other
WeekendBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:36Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health is
an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range
is $65.70 to $86.06 / hourThe salary range for this role may vary
above or below the posted range as determined by location. This
range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: Regular/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Stockton , Registered Nurse II, Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!