Occupational Therapist Home Health Full Time
Posted on: November 17, 2023
DescriptionResponsibilitiesAs a -Home Health Occupational
Therapist, you will:
- Assess/screen patient s daily living/work-related skills and
develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of
function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the
physician in evaluating the patient's level of function.
- Confer with the patient s physician and other health care team
members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in
accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength,
coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent
with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines
of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to
develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with
the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician,
rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning
activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in
meeting patient s needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client
in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological
adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients
to improve residence or working environments or improve their
participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the
retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and
hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates
Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in
implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients care observations,
interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. -
Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are
accurately documented and implemented. - Submit evaluation,
treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care
management staff.Required Experience/Skills:
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months of occupational therapy experience
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- A valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable
transportation are required.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Pay RangeThe
compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting
base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time
of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on
geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on
demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education,
certifications, etc.$101,530 - $139,645 per yearDescription of
BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively,
"Humana") offers competitive benefits that support whole-person
well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal
wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family
while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our
benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits,
401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off,
company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental
and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance and many other opportunities.
Keywords: Humana, Stockton , Occupational Therapist Home Health Full Time, Healthcare , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!