Maintenance Electrician - HIRING IMMEDIATELY!
Company: Pactiv Corporation
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com. 83 miles east of San
Francisco, Stockton is a city on the San Joaquin River, in
California's Central Valley. The Haggin Museum features fine art
and local history displays. Oak Grove Regional Park has trails, a
nature center and a lake stocked with catfish. In nearby Lodi,
Micke Grove Regional Park includes a Japanese garden, the San
Joaquin County Historical Museum and Micke Grove Zoo. The
Children's Museum of Stockton offers hands-on exhibits. The plant
was built in 1981, manufactures paper cups, lids and folding food
containers, and has approximately 400 employees. Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age
national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by
law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please call or email . All information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Responsibilities Hiring Immediately! HIRING IMMEDIATELY! Text to
Apply ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by
employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the
- Read blueprints & wiring diagrams for the installation & repair
of equipment and the facility.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
Disassembles, repairs/replaces parts and maintains machinery and
mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts,
- Develops simple types of experimental & operating
- Cleans, lubricates & adjusts functional parts of mechanical
devices as necessary.
- Major electrical repairs including 3-phase, 440 & troubleshoots
PLC's, new installations of equipment, replaces and tests
electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Uses precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing
- Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal,
communication, and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other
electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter,
ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or megger.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of
- Removes or replaces electrical transformers & lighting
fixtures. Completes circuits according to specifications.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Ensures electrical work conforms to OEM requirements and safety
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Requisitions new parts and equipment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area throughout the
- Communicates problems encountered throughout the shift to the
production supervisor, maintenance lead acting supervisor or
- Installs lighting fixtures and replaces bulbs and ballast.
- Performs carpenter, plumbing, and painter related work.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of
the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work & welding. Uses
gas & electric welding equipment.
- Must be capable of covering both mechanical and electrical
equipment without support on off shifts.
- Has operating knowledge of all production & service
equipmentJob Requirements: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:High school
education or G.E.D or equivalent work experience. Must take & pass
(within allowable limits) a mechanical & electrical aptitude test.
Previous related experience is preferable but not mandatory.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Basic mathematical ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide multi-digit numbers including fractions
Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight,
measurement, and volume.MECHANICAL SKILLS:High degree of knowledge
of equipment and aptitude for understanding mechanical systems
through formal training and/or education. Be able to perform
repairs (including electrical). Uses and/or make special
attachments when necessary. Certifies to operate forklift. Trained
in lock out/tag out procedures.COMMUNICATION SKILLS:Ability to
express through verbal or visual aid and able to write numbers and
time in clear, understandable messages. Must be able to read, write
& understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get
along with coworkers & management and deal effectively &
professionally under pressure.REASONING ABILITIY:Job requires
making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running
or shutting down on defective work and operational
problems/difficulties of all kinds. Plans repairs for most
efficient accomplishment of job at hand. Ability to apply
commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and simple written
or oral instructions. Ability to deal with and understand problems
from troubleshooting techniques in standardized situations. Uses
high degree of ingenuity in solving all types of maintenance
problems.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal 8.0 hour shifts/rotating shift schedule.
- Required to stand & walk continually.
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift &
carry up to 40 pounds and occasional assisted lifting & carrying up
to 50 pounds.
- Frequent pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching.
- Frequent repetitive finger movement.'IND1P' #CB1
Keywords: Pactiv Corporation, Stockton , Maintenance Electrician - HIRING IMMEDIATELY!, Hospitality & Tourism , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!