Security Patrol Officer
Patrol Officer Job Description
The Delta Protective Services patrol officer is trained to observe
and provide a visible deterrence to crime at the client's property
or places of business. Patrol officers enforce rules and
regulations, provide access control and prevent theft. They drive a
company vehicle to multiple locations at night in all weather.
Patrol officers create a safe, secure and professional environment
by interacting with clients, client's staff, vendors and the
general public at job locations by employing their training and
following post orders.
- Keep your Guard Card & BSIS training current.
- Safely operate a vehicle in all driving conditions.
- Maintain records that detail vehicle operational status.
- Follow company policies, post orders and client
- Make contact with clients on an as-needed basis and respond to
requests for service.
- Be highly visible & do walking patrols of property on
- Prevent trespassing, theft & vandalism.
- Assist in locating and training officers as directed.
- Cover open shifts as directed.
- Submit reports on time using smart phone app(s).
- Meet specific goals related to time management while on
- Alert law enforcement when a crime or emergency occurs.
- Be polite & professional.
- Other tasks as they are assigned.
In addition to the above primary functions, the patrol officer
must fulfill other job-related functions as they may arise from
time to time.
The patrol officer must have superior interpersonal skills and the
ability to speak confidently and professionally in front of groups
of people while representing the company. These skills are also
necessary for dealing effectively with clients and employees.
Strong organizational skills and time management is a must as this
person must be a self-starter and able to take complex projects
from start to finish unsupervised, in the most efficient manner
available. Teamwork skills are required in order to accomplish
company-wide goals that involve clients, tenants and other
employees. In addition, the patrol officer must be a team-builder
and motivator. The patrol officer must be a safe driver, able to
follow all state driving laws. The patrol officer must have strong
written communication skills and be adept with common computer
hardware and software and be proficient with smartphones and other
The patrol officer shall be required to maintain the following Key
Performance Indicators (KPI's):
On-time responses for service
- 25 years or older & clean DMV Driving Record with no tickets or
- Have a valid California Guard Card.
- Be free of disqualifying substances (including marijuana).
- Have reliable transportation.
- Have a working smart phone with mobile data.
- Work weekends & holidays.
The patrol officer is an hourly employee that works nights &
weekends. Typically between 6 pm - 6 am. The patrol driver is
expected to accomplish all tasks within this time period and may be
required to work additional hours if tasks are not completed or as
- FREE BSIS Guard Card Training for employees - $473.00
- $1.00 per hour training reimbursement
- .25 per hour uniform reimbursement
- .25 per hour cell phone reimbursement
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Sick Time
- Weekly Pay
You're a friendly professional who is
trustworthy, honest and on-time. You embrace our unique company
culture and are ready to take the initiative because you're
organized, trainable and know what it takes to achieve exceptional
You've got a can-do attitude, reliable transportation and a
working smartphone so you can go anywhere at any time to protect
people, property & peace of mind. You are observant and keeping
people safe is your thing...
You only accept the best performance from yourself and you know
that being flexible is what success demands. You're a self-starter
that works well alone or as part of a team... You're passionate,
motivated and above all, ready to push yourself to achieve
If you believe we just described you then we invite you to
A word of warning... Delta Protective Services isn't for
everyone and we're OK with that. We are looking for security
professionals that have a passion for protecting people, property
and peace of mind. You'll be expected to push yourself and live up
to our core values of Excellence, Accountability and Commitment &
Honesty every day. At Delta Protective Services We Create Safe
Communities and this vision drives everything we do.
We are a serious company doing serious work and only want
serious people to Join Our Team.
No GUARD CARD? No Problem! Just go to to get all your