PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To
Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high
quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are
currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Environmental Services Asst Ops Manager
Job Code: R40 - PR-EnvSrvcAsstOpsMgr
HR Title Group: Hospital Housekeeping
Salary Grade: E12
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2019
There are direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the Environmental Services Assistant
Operations Manager is responsible for part or all of the healthcare
facility during their assigned shift and supervises the daily work
of the staff. Employees in this job class assist management in
maintaining cleanliness quality through inspections, training, and
employee accountability, including employee counseling or
disciplinary actions. This job class requires knowledge of
healthcare custodial techniques and practices, safety and security
protocol, workplace safety, contract management, and the ability to
organize and manage multiple projects.
- Directs and supervises assigned staff to perform environmental
services with emphasis on Infection Control.
- Assist Operation Manager with employee hiring and disciplinary
process up to and including terminations.
- Conduct or participate in the investigation process in response
- Conduct periodic inspections of entire facility to ensure
safety, security and cleanliness standards.
- Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team
through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the
performance of employees.
- Write up incident reports and suggest corrective measures as
- Conduct inspections for quality and safety. Make necessary
Understand all employee work assignments and schedule resources
for adequate coverage.
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow
recommended training process.
- Evaluate and validate the competencies of the frontline worker,
recommends and/or conducts additional training or support for staff
when need is identified.
- Audit safety and security measures and report deficiencies as
- Provide functional/operational support to work area as
essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe,
inclement weather, etc.
- Maintains professional relationship with site Point of Contact
(POC), assuring services are being performed in accordance with
contract, and resolving any problems with services.
- Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to
procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and
safety risks .
Assumes responsibility for the entire facility in the absence of
the Operations Manager.
Reports any injuries or accident including those caused by PRIDE
employees to PRIDE Senior Management team immediately.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
- Two or more years of experience in environmental services
and/or custodial maintenance, including lead worker
responsibilities; prior supervisory experience preferred;
- Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities
and/or physical challenges, preferred;
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety
- Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for
their professional development, administer performance management
and disciplinary processes effectively, address employee relations
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to
meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior
management, customers and/or employees;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem
solving and analytical skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Human relation skills to build effective relationships with
team and customers;
- Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word
processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling,
and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts
such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of
business, operational and strategic management problems;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle
numerous projects at the same time.
This position requires the ability to have and maintain
sufficient strength, agility and endurance to perform during
stressful (physical, mental, and emotional) situations encountered
on the job without compromising the employee's health and
well-being or that of their co-workers or inmates.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending
on local, state and/or contract requirements:Not Applicable
Employees must have the ability to perform the following
physical demands for extended periods of time with or without
- Maneuvering in and around the worksite
- Standing and walking
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
- Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to
50 pounds occasionally
- Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops,
- May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70
- Grasping both small & large objects
- Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in a prison healthcare facility with
specialized needs for security and environmental control. Employees
may be required to work confined space, and in aseptic areas with
exposure to dirt, dust, odors, toxic chemicals, and infectious
disease; and will work in high security areas with protocols.
Employees may also be exposed to, depending on the weather,
elements such as wind, rain, cold, and heat. Employees may be
required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this
job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's
instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization
that blends business with a social mission, please apply online
atwww.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal
contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
all federal, state, and local laws.