HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work
environment at Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of
- Temperature Testing: Regular temperature testing
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes
throughout our facilities
- Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
- Social Distancing: Maintaining 6 feet of distance
- Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to
those who are essential only
- Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when
- Travel: Banning the use of public transportation for business
purposes, when possible
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there's a common thread connecting the
people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure
out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60
years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where
people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the
job onward. No matter what role you're in - from production, to
sales, to engineering - you'll contribute to the growth and success
of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer - support,
collaboration and respect - that's what we value. When there's a
win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to
help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do
things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble
and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared
mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build
safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong
people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique
place to work - a place where you can connect, create and build
your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why
our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other
makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a
Press Operator, you will be responsible for operating a progressive
automatic stamping press in such a manner as to achieve safety,
quality, efficiency, lean and production goals in a fast-paced,
high-volume sheet metal manufacturing operation. That's year one.
If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help
you with that, it's what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Operate automatic stamping press and all related coil processing
equipment to produce required products according to set production
standards. Nest parts, package them and palletize cartons. Observe
continuous operation of automatic stamping press to ensure products
meet specifications and to detect defects or malfunctions, making
adjustments as necessary. Prioritize safety constantly by
demonstrating safe work practices and promoting a safe work
environment. Perform quality inspections to drawings and
specifications per written procedures. Assist others with press
set-ups and changeovers. Operate a forklift to move raw material
and finished goods as needed. (75%)
Read through work orders to determine specifications, such as
materials to be used as well as product dimensions and tolerances.
Maintain stamping press area clean and organized making sure all
tools and supplies are returned to home locations after use.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you've got what it takes.
Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
(will certify at hire).
- 6 months manufacturing related experience and/or training or an
equivalent combination of education and training.
- Manufacturing process knowledge: Demonstrates a basic knowledge
of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other
techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and
distribution of goods.
- Safety: Able to consistently prioritize safety by demonstrating
a safe work practices by promoting a safe work environment.
- Customer service skills: Applies customer service principles
and processes on the job and with others.
- Communication skills: Speaks in the most effective way to relay
information. Listens and asks questions to ensure
- Written comprehension: Able to read and understand prints,
information and ideas presented in writing. Able to read production
drawings and diagrams and interpret information from work orders
applicable to the manufacturing of products.
- Self-management skills: Uses time efficiently to complete
- Ability to work independently: Follows both written and oral
instructions, including safety guidelines, work instructions, and
- Teamwork: Able to work with team sharing responsibilities to
achieve production goals.
- Equipment and tools: Able to operate a forklift. Able to read a
tape measure to within 1/32".
- Computer: Able to operate a computer, ERP systems and basic
applications such as Word and Outlook.
- Operation monitoring: Able to monitor gauges, dials, or other
indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Quality control analysis: Conducts accurate inspections of
product to evaluate quality.
This job does not require travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Stockton,
Relocation is not available for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in
which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This
means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment
decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race,
color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender
(which state law may define to include gender identity/expression,
transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected
veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful
background investigation and drug test.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow