At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through
faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team,
you'll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global
scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and
development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, to
develop rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world's most complex
Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular
diagnostics - from ideation and innovation through development and
delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated
infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology
and oncology applications.
This important work takes more than just thinking, more than
just leading, and more than simply doing - it takes all three. It
takes people willing to bring their whole selves to work, operating
with imagination, with initiative and achieving more than they ever
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices
- Follow documentation procedure (filling out Data History
Records (DHRs), reading and understanding instructions from Work
Release (WR), Planned Deviation Report (PDR) or Non-Conformance
Report (NCR). Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Maintain dry room and cleanroom standards, practices, and
housekeeping according to standard operating procedures.
- Set up and operate manufacturing equipment. Monitor machines
and inform Supervisor and/or Lead of problems. Clean and maintain
equipment and work area as needed.
- Assist Senior Operators
- Use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, and other hand-held
- Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to
verify quality conformance.
- Recognize any minor issues from the equipment and any
affiliated documentations and take appropriate corrective action
within scope. Notify Supervisors and Leads of issues and
- Report causes of process and/or documentation and assist or
- Apply company policies and procedures to complete
- Conduct Shift PASSDOWN with peers
- Start and end batch runs. follow production schedules
- Follow acceptance criteria for equipment yield and
- Email the Manufacturing Engineering group explaining any
- Perform label printing responsibilities
- Review DHRs
- Prepare and verify materials to be used as issued to work
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete
all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education and Experience (in years):
- Manufacturing or Production related experience
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Preferably experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing
in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, OR
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in FDA or Kema audits
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to read drawings.
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP)
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and
ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, manufacturing engineers, stockroom managers and leads.
Able to understand instructions and batch records written and
spoken in English.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to solve basic math problems
- Able to identify each station of the machinery.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to stand for several
hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Ability to work directly with, handle or come into contact with
chemicals or reagents.
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid
is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In
addition to Danaher's unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life's
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.