Part-time Newborn Hearing Screener - Stockton, CA
Company: Infant Hearing Screening Specialists
Posted on: November 22, 2021
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The Newborn Hearing Screener will
conduct hearing screens on all applicable patients at the hospital
he or she is assigned to. While performing hearing screens, the
Newborn Hearing Screener will follow IHSS and hospital policies and
procedures, including, but not limited to infection prevention and
control, safety awareness, and quality assurance. Contribute to a
positive work environment and overall team effort, and sign a
non-compete/confidentiality agreement.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure every baby is screened according to the state
requirements under the California, NHSP, and IHSS corporate
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Follow strict guidelines for patient identification and result
- Maintain both hospital and IHSS corporate records and logs as
- Maintain newborn hearing screening equipment in accordance with
IHSS corporate guidelines. Any damage or equipment malfunctions
must be reported immediately to the Biomedical Engineering
- Record results appropriately in patients' charts.
- Inventory supplies and report supply needs to assigned Area
- Begin assigned shift as scheduled.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or directed.
- When possible, perform hearing screens on infants in the best
possible testing conditions (while infant is sleeping, testing
environment is quiet, lights are dimmed).
- Report all hospital concerns immediately (within twelve hours)
to IHSS personnel.
- Attend all meetings that pertain to the Newborn Hearing
Screening Program when directed by corporate office.
- Ensure strict compliance with the Health Insurance Portability
Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Maintain excellent customer service throughout the
program.KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:Minimum skill and proficiency in both
oral and written communication and basic mathematical calculations
as acquired through the completion of high school or its
equivalent.SPECIAL SKILLS:Work requires operation or use of infant
hearing screening machine, general office equipment, and computer
technology.INTERPERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:Ability to communicate
effectively with medical staff, including but not limited to,
nurses and other staff within the hospital for the purpose of
coordinating activities and explaining basic test
procedures.CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Completion of the National
Center for Hearing Assessment and Management (NCHAM) Newborn
Hearing Screening Training Curriculum (Not required for initial
hiring)Basic Life Support CPR American Heart Association Course
Completion Cards.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Ability to stand, walk, and
push the screening equipment. Perform light physical lifting (up to
25 pounds) on an intermittent basis.ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS:Work is performed in a standard hospital environment
with exposure to human waste, blood, and other body secretions. It
is acknowledged that there is possible exposure to communicable or
infectious diseases that may require well defined precautions for
protection from injury or illness.CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:Required
to provide proof of the following immunizations and lab work at
- COVID-19 vaccine record (If not fully vaccinated, semi-weekly
testing is required per California public health order.)
- Seasonal influenza shot
- TB Test within one year or a current TB chest X-ray within
- Two MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella) immunization records or
blood titer (with quantitative values)
- Two Varicella immunization records or blood titer (with
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis) immunization record
dated within ten years
- Hepatitis B immunizations: either series of 3, blood titer
(with quantitative values)OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:Required to be
available to work weekends and holidaysComply with all hospital
fire and safety requirements
Job Type: Part-time
Keywords: Infant Hearing Screening Specialists, Stockton , Part-time Newborn Hearing Screener - Stockton, CA, Other , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!