Residential Evening Counselor
Company: Ever Well Health Systems
Posted on: May 8, 2022
We at Ever Well Health have made a commitment to provide superior
care through thoughtful and empathetic treatment for adults
experiencing significant mental or emotional issues. The facility
Residential Evening Counselor will be a major contributor to our
core mission. This role will be a direct line of support, creating
a safe, secure and nurturing environment for our residents in the
evening. Your contribution will truly make a difference. If you
meet the requirements below, we'd like to learn more about your
experience and skills. Let's be leaders in the field together!
REPORTS TO: Behavior Health Coordinator
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What You Will Do
- Assists with bed-checks and regular rounds of
- Assists with the overall security of facility.
- Assures that facility, resident and program areas are clean,
organized and safe.
- Provides support and deescalates resident concerns in a calm
and safe manner.
- Assures nightly documentation and other resident paperwork is
completed as directed.
- Performs emergency first aid in emergency situations as
- Reports suspected abuse or other incidents according to trained
and established procedures.
- Acts as lead for other counselors including the assigning of
tasks as needed.
- Performs regularly cleaning duties as assigned.
- Attends and participates in staff, program, facility and
training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This is a primary role - This is typically not a second job or
- Experience required, not entry level
- Reliable track record with no callouts
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION & SKILLS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
additional education in human services, healthcare
- Bachelors degree in psychology, sociology or other humanities
- Two years in a licensed mental health or other care facility
- Special Requirements: Must be able to meet and receive a
criminal records clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing
regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
REQUIRED - ABILITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent team player and communicator, with all levels of
- Tact and diplomacy when working with vendors and all outside
- Ability to read and understand documents, write simple memos,
reports, and letters, speak effectively with residents, customers
or other employees.
- Ability to engage and communicate with residents in an
- Ability to work effectively with persons differing in value
systems, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, language capabilities,
- Ability to follow directions and work within a program and
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in various situations.
- Exercises good judgment and acts calmly in emergency
- High degree of discretion and independent judgment in the
performance of duties.
- High emotional and collective awareness
- Great sense of humor, and values humility.
REQUIRED - CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Valid California driver's license, current automobile
insurance, and a good driving record.
- DMV pull program
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certificate
- Must be Able to Provide Proof of Eligibility to Work Legally in
the United States.
- Certification such as CDAC preferred.
REQUIREMENTS - PHYSICAL
- Walking, Sitting, Pinching, Finger Flexion, Visual/Auditory
Acuity; required over 2/3 of the workday.
- Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Bending, Stooping,
Crouching, Kneeling and Twisting are required occasionally (under
1/3 of the workday).
- Balancing, Climbing and Crawling are generally not
- Ability to Pass an Employment Physical
- Current TB Test (No negative results within the last 12
REQUIREMENTS - EQUIPMENT
- Fax Machine
- PC Computer
- Multi-Line Phone
- Washer and dryer
Keywords: Ever Well Health Systems, Stockton , Residential Evening Counselor, Other , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!