Community Engagement Specialist I
Company: Donor Network West
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Donor Network West's mission is to save and heal lives through
organ and tissue donation for transplantation and research.At Donor
Network West, we're looking for people who embody our core values:
passion, excellence, equity and inclusion, and relationships. We
welcome diverse perspectives and foster an environment of
collaboration and service.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Community Engagement Specialist I plans,
develops, coordinates, and evaluates community and corporate
relations activities to positively predispose the public to organ
and tissue donation and transplantation, with an emphasis on
increasing donor designation rates within the DNWest donation
service area, develops a culture of donation in their regional area
and maintains a favorable public image for DNWest. The individual
works with volunteers called Donate Life Ambassadors (DLAs) and are
responsible for utilizing and developing their regional DLAs.This
individual will actively participate in industry organizations to
keep abreast of national efforts, effect change as opportunities
present themselves, increase knowledge of best practices, maintain
relationships, and develop collaborative opportunities. This role
will ensure that regional goals are in alignment with departmental,
organizational, and national goals for donor designation. This
position seek and implement creative and innovative ideas to
further DNWest's mission and positively impact the culture of
donation in the diverse communities served by DNWest.Community
- Participates in educational activities to build their
understanding of DNWest, the organ procurement organization
industry, the organ, eye, and tissue donation process,
transplantation and research opportunities.
- Works with the Director of Community Engagement to develop and
execute strategic community outreach marketing programs to increase
organ and tissue donation in target communities.
- Conducts research to develop a relationship target list for
their assigned territory, including community based organizations,
faith based organizations, healthcare associations, school-based
organizations, government officials, and others.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends meetings, cultural programs and
events in assigned territory to promote organ and tissue donation
in target communities.
- Identifies and cultivates new relationships with local
businesses, organizations, associations, faith-based organizations,
school based organizations, and community groups to raise awareness
about organ and tissue donation.
- Stays abreast of community events, attending as appropriate to
continue to build trust and DNWest's brand within assigned
- Builds relationships with community leaders and government
officials in assigned territory to increase their involvement and
advocacy around organ and tissue donation.
- Conducts focus groups and surveys to identify the assets,
needs, issues and concerns of the residents in their assigned
territory to help develop culturally relevant and engaging
- Supports the preparation of written drafts and assists in the
development of event invitations, flyers, programs, webinars,
social media posts, email marketing, blog articles, long form
byline articles, press materials, speaking engagements, and other
items as needed.
- Researches and coordinates appropriate speaking opportunities
for DNWest executives and staff at professional associations,
business organizations, Chamber of Commerce events, community
events, and other events to promote organ and tissue donation.
- Negotiates contracts, proposals and/or agreements with vendors,
outside partners and organizations for community outreach
- Manages assigned territory annual budget and individual event
budgets throughout the year.
- Coordinates public speaking opportunities to promote organ and
tissue donation in target communities including various ethnic and
- Develops competency in running campaigns with different
affinity groups including the Department of Motor Vehicles, health
clinics, hospitals, high schools, faith organizations, and
- Identifies and establishes relationships with community
influencers who can positively impact the culture of donation in
- Works with Director of Community Engagement to utilize data and
identify regional needs to develop community education strategic
plan for assigned region.
- Collects feedback from community partners to provide
recommendations for continual improvement of DNWest programs and
- Provides a weekly update of activities in assigned territory to
the Director of Community Engagement.Donate Life Ambassador Program
- Works with the VP of Marketing and Communications to develop
and implement volunteer recruitment plan.
- Supports the recruitment of new DLAs.
- Supports the execution of DLA trainings.
- Helps prepare materials for volunteer outreach, onboarding,
training, and mentorship.
- Develops strong relationships with DLAs through mentorship and
- Assesses volunteers' skills and abilities and provides
pertinent information to the Marketing and Communications team as
- Coordinates the schedule of volunteers in assigned territory to
ensure coverage of community outreach events.
- Provides onsite support to volunteers in assigned
- Sends weekly updates to DLAs for staffing needs, DNWest news,
and new opportunities.
- Effectively utilizes DLAs skills and time.
- Collects feedback from DLAs to provide recommendations for
continual improvement to the DLA program.
- Maintains and updates DLAs records within Salesforce.Media
- Participates in media events.
- Helps identify media stories to the VP of Marketing &
- Supports DNWest social media channels.Internal and External
- Participates in internal committees and/or
regional/state/national organizations within the field of
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively and
concisely within a team environment, required.
- Understands the community education needs of the organization
and formulates a plan of response, required.
- Implements campaigns, programs, and events, required.
- Ability to manage emotions and reactions to difference
situations. Stays calm and clear under pressure, required.
- Ability to engage with diverse communities, required.
- Proactive team player who can multitask easily and must uphold
the core values of the organization.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, priority-setting, and strategic
- Strong social skills and experience in community building,
- Strong attention to detail, written, and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment and to
adjust to new priorities, required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings
and/or weekends, required.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with concentrated study in
Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, and/or
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in community relations
working with community-based organizations, healthcare agencies,
school based organizations volunteers, and civic and faith
- Knowledge of public education, marketing, media relations,
business development, and project management.
- Some experience with recruitment of volunteers.
- Bilingual ability both written and spoken highly desirable,
particularly in Spanish and English.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Suite products including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have ability to travel within the DNWest's service area by
car. Must maintain a valid California driver's license and current
vehicle insurance based on California minimum insurance coverage
standards.Salary data provided by third party sites do not
accurately reflect our pay structure.
Keywords: Donor Network West, Stockton , Community Engagement Specialist I, Other , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!