Hospice Aide - Stockton
Company: COMMUNITY HOSPICE INC MASTER
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Job DetailsLevelExperiencedJob LocationCHI - Stockton Office -
Stockton, CAPosition TypeFull TimeEducation LevelHigh SchoolTravel
PercentageRoad WarriorJob ShiftDayJob CategoryHealth
CareDESCRIPTION:** $3000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE ** Community
Hospice is seeking a dynamic Hospice Aide to join our Community
Hospice family. As the largest and oldest nonprofit hospice and
community-based palliative care provider in the Central Valley,
Community Hospice has been supporting and providing services to our
community since 1979. Our mission is to embrace individuals and
families facing life-changing journeys, enhancing quality of life
for all. Accredited by CHAP (Community Health Accredited Program),
our services extend to over 2,000 patients each year wherever they
call home.JOB SUMMARY:As a member of the multidisciplinary team,
the Hospice Aide (CHHA) works under the direction of the Branch
Administrator and the supervision of the registered nurse/case
manager in the provision of personal care, in order to maximize the
comfort and quality of life of patients and families. Responsible
for providing supportive care in accordance with the plan of care
and Community Hospice policies and procedures.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with environmental services such as housekeeping and
homemaking services to preserve a safe, sanitary home and to
enhance quality of life in accordance with the CHHA assignment and
the hospice plan of care.
- Assists the patient with personal care and supportive services
in accordance with the CHHA assignment and the hospice plan of
- Communicate with other hospice team members as needed to report
patient changes and needs and requested changes in the care
assignment related to patient changes.
- Submits visit notes and timesheets in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with regulatory requirements for supervisory visits
by the case manager.
- Communicates expected arrival times to patient and family on
- Attends regularly scheduled care conferences (IDT) to review
cases, problem-solve and cover unique issues, share professional
support and exchange feedback aimed toward enhancing professional
- Attends death events and provide appropriate support at time of
death, as requested.
- Participation in Community Hospice orientation of
- Participates in in-services, workshops, and clinical meetings
to promote professional growth and understanding of hospice
- Follows all Community Hospice policies and procedures
including, but not limited to, safety, infection control, privacy,
confidentiality, and HIPAA.
- Maintains a professional appearance of self and working area;
exhibits appropriate behavior with guests and clients, i.e.,
courteous, thoughtful and professional at all times.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in providing homemaking and personal care services
in the home setting highly desirable.
- Must have worked in the past 24 consecutive months for
- Ability to read and write.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Valid California Home Health Aide Certificate must be
maintained at all times.
- Valid Driver's License must be maintained at all times.
- Valid California Auto Insurance must be maintained at all
times.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The main environment for this position is
in the patients' homes, which vary in levels of cleanliness,
accessibility, and climate control. The employee may be exposed to
virus, disease and infection from patients. The employee may
experience situations, with emotionally disturbed, substance abuse,
serious illness, and deceased patients. While performing the duties
of this position, the employee will travel by automobile and is
exposed to changing weather conditions.WORK SCHEDULE:Position is
regular full-time / M-F / 8am-5pm / Occasional weekends / May
require over-time depending on the needs of the agency and/or
patients.BENEFITS:We offer our employees the following competitive
- Medical Insurance- Premium 100% paid by employer for employee
- Dental Insurance - Premium 100% paid by employer for employee
- Vision Insurance - Premium 100% paid by employer for employee
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability / Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Funds added by employer every
- Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Bereavement Pay (3 Days)
- Jury Duty Pay (5 Days)
- Fitness Center Membership discounts
- Employee Assistance program
- Other retail discounts (rental cars, cell phones, etc.)Our
supportive, caring environment extends not only to our patients and
families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number
of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating
environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality
healthcare. Community Hospice is a rapidly growing company and is
always looking for qualified employees. We seek highly motivated,
talented candidates to join our staff and offer a competitive
benefits package to our employees
Keywords: COMMUNITY HOSPICE INC MASTER, Stockton , Hospice Aide - Stockton, Other , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!