Service Coordinator - Early Start
Company: Valley Mountain Regional Center
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Covid 19 Vaccination Required
The mission of Valley Mountain Regional Center (VMRC) is to support people with developmental disabilities as they enrich their lives through choices and inclusion. VMRC is committed to securing quality, individualized services in collaboration with families and the
Valley Mountain Regional Center is hiring for full-time Service Coordinators- Early Start in Stockton. Make a difference in the lives of children with disabilities.
VMRC provides a generous benefit package including CalPERS retirement, medical, dental and vision. 16 holidays per year and generous sick and vacation time. Flexible work environment which allows for amazing work/life balance. Work at home availability!
Compensation: $22.75 - 25.07 to start depending on experience.
General Statement of Duties: Under direction of the Program Manager, the Early Start Service Coordinator (SC) will participate in the assessment of the needs of infants and toddlers (0 to age 3) who are eligible for Early Start services. As facilitator of the Interdisciplinary (ID) team, the Early Start Service Coordinator will develop, implement, and coordinate an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) for each consumer. The Early Start SC will promote advocacy by parents and help parents become their childrens teachers in everyday life skills.
Working Condition and Physical Requirement:
* The majority of duties are performed in the office and out in the community.
* Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel locally and out of town regularly.
* The ability to sit at a work station for up to 5 hours at a time.
* Frequent standing and walking throughout offices, service provider facilities and other agencies.
* Adequate manual dexterity and coordination to operate standard office equipment (i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine, etc.)
* The ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail is required on a daily basis.
* Excellent oral and written skills are essential for reports and other documentation.
* The ability to lift,push and pull up to 25 pounds.
Key Responsibilities Essential Function
* Assess, monitor, coordinate and implement the /IFSP through the ID Team process. Schedule and facilitate annual reviews, semi-annual reviews, transition planning conferences, clinical consultations, and ID/IFSP Team meetings as required.
* Early Start Service Coordinator works collaboratively with the service provider/community partners to develop and monitor a childs progress in his development and IFSP goals. The ES Service Coordinator supports the childs transition from Early Start to educational services available after age 3.
* Completion of case documentation and procedures, which may include Purchase of Service (POS),), Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) , both annual, semi-annual, periodic and transition; , Title XIX, court reports, Medicaid Waiver, , completion of a variety of referral forms for services and other correspondence as required.
* Provide advocacy, education, crisis, intervention, and other support for families, consumers and care homes.
* Collect, synthesize, and report consumer statistical data as requested, including state surveys, internal surveys, and community agency surveys.
* Participate on internal and external committees for purposes including public education, improving internal agency functions and promoting positive communication with external agencies.
* Participate in in-service and out-service training to increase knowledge and skills in the field of developmental services and other related areas.
* Serve as Officer of the Day (OD as assigned
* Complete all required non-consumer related documentation, including travel input, verification of time input and logs, monthly activity forms, and other forms as required.
* Perform other non-management duties as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field and one (1) year related experience, OR Bachelor's degree in a non-human service related field and three (3) years experience providing training or direct services to persons with developmental disabilities in a setting such as day program, special education, or residential setting OR RN License and two (2) years related experience. All driving positions are required to meet our driver acceptability criteria.
Covid 19 Vaccination Required
Keywords: Valley Mountain Regional Center, Stockton , Service Coordinator - Early Start, Other , Stockton, California
here to apply!