Medication Services Assistant
Company: Ever Well Health Systems
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Ever Well Health is growing, and we are searching for a detailed
and compassionate Medication Services Assistant, with at least one
year of experience in a mental health setting. The Medication
Services Assistant provides medication support and assistance,
ensuring medications are safely stored and provided to residents
with mental illness according to physician orders. We've made a
commitment to provide superior care through thoughtful and
empathetic treatment, for adults experiencing significant mental or
emotional issues. If you feel passionate about our mission and meet
the requirements below please apply. Let's be leaders in the field
together!REPORTS TO: Medication Services ManagerSCHEDULE:
- Sunday- Thursday 7:00AM-3:30PM
- Tuesday- Saturday 2:00PM-10:30PM
- Friday-Monday 7:00AM-3:30PM, 2:00PM-10:30PMSUMMARY OF DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES What You Will Do"
- Providing medications to residents according to the five rights
The right patient, the right drug, the right dose, the right route,
and the right time.
- Record medication provision, observe, monitor, take appropriate
actions regarding desired and side effects, interactions and
contraindications associated with the medication
- Able to transcribe doctor's orders onto the MAR correctly.
- Performs proper documentation of medication administering.
- Receive, log, store, and dispose of centrally-stored
- Knows how to use appropriate technique in obtaining and/or
recording: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood
glucose monitoring and O2 saturation.
- Always maintain resident confidentiality and abide by Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) rules and
- Assists residents in seeking and/or receiving medical care.
Performs first aid as needed.
- Checks for proper medication order; documents medications;
obtains required consents; reviews medications to ensure they have
not exceeded the expiration date.
- Implements resident medications support systems, including
maintenance of medicine supply and upkeep of medical equipment and
ensure compliance with applicable health and safety or other
- Assist residents in following their Restricted Health Condition
- Performs and follows Title 22 Policies and Regulations on
Proper Medication Handling.
- PM23REQUIRED - EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D. One (1) year of general
experience handling medications AND one (1) year working full-time
in a residential facility required;
- One (1) year caring for adults experiencing mental health or
substance use issues.
- Additional education in human services or healthcare will be
considered and is preferred.REQUIRED - CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Must be able to demonstrate previous work experience at a
facility licensed by the California Department of Social Services
Community Care Licensing Program (CCL) or the Department of Health
Care Services (DHCS).
- Special Requirements: Must be able to meet and receive a
criminal records clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing
regulations. This includes a federal FBI and state DOJ
- Valid driver's license
- DMV pull program
- First Aid Certificate & CPRREQUIRED - PHYSICAL
- A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician
must have been performed not more than one year prior to employment
or within seven (7) days after employment.
- Health screening must include TB clearance not more than one
year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after
- Must be physically able to assist residents and/or staff in the
evacuation of program facility in emergency situations. Must be
able to administer first aid in an emergency.
- The following are required in day-to-day performance of the
duties of this position: Walking, Sitting, Pinching and Finger
Flexion, and Visual/Auditory Acuity are required constantly (over
2/3 of the workday); Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Bending,
Stooping, Crouching, Kneeling and Twisting are required
occasionally (under 1/3 of the workday). Balancing, Climbing and
Crawling are generally not required.REQUIRED - EQUIPMENT
- Fax Machine, PC Computer, and Multi-Line PhoneJob Type:
Keywords: Ever Well Health Systems, Stockton , Medication Services Assistant, Other , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!