Supervisor, Gas T&D Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Requisition ID-# 82442-Job Category : Maintenance / Construction
/ Operations-Job Level : SupervisorBusiness Unit: Gas Operations
-Department OverviewGas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe
and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas
Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas
distribution and transmission operations, including planning,
engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and
emergency response.--Position SummaryManages teams directly or
indirectly involved in maintenance of the gas storage facility
including completing all planned, emergent work and mandated
program work. Oversees personnel performing maintenance work,
short-cycle construction work, and all mandated programs.
-Collaborates and works closely with the Operations Supervisor,
Reservoir Engineering, project management, project engineering,
sand other miscellaneous departments-
- This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered
classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol
- DOT-Emergency Response Only
- Communicates business goals and objectives to the work group
and holds all accountable to same.
- Completes and maintains all work documentation and/or
- Develops the business knowledge and technical skills of all
field employees. Fosters teamwork within work group and across all
- Ensures all required documentation is accurate, complete, and
signed off in a timely manner. .
- Ensures compliance of leak repairs and documentation as
required by the CPUC and CARB
- Ensures mandated compliance dates and regulations are met by
the various governing regulatory agencies.
- Ensures that customers' needs and expectations are met; ensures
clear, professional, proactive communication with customers.
- Ensures that work is executed safely including personal and
public safety metrics
- Facilitates weekly team meetings/tailboards and adjunct
training as needed.
- Fully implements and holds subordinates accountable for safety
best practices and adherence to the safety accountability model.
Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention
Program, working closely with area Safety Program
- Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements
work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate
and regulatory compliance.
- Leads/supports root-cause investigations on all PG&E and/or
- Manages a team a team of gas craft employees, ensuring
compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and alignment
with company values.
- Manages a team of union represented employees
- Manages emergency responses to all requests including equipment
maintenance, ensuring employees respond in a timely manner and
provide total quality service.
- Monitors compliance to standards and specifications, to achieve
high quality work the first time done. Develops action plans to
address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and
tracks the progress of those plans.
- Monitors the Gas Operator Qualification (OQ) Program and
ensures compliance. Maintains craft qualification records for
employees, as required by CPUC.
- Oversees both projects and 2nd party contracting within the
area of responsibility
- Reviews all department maintenance documents for accuracy and
completeness prior to filing for future reference or for audit
purposes. -Prepare and support internal and external audits.
- Serves customers by providing timely completion of gas
maintenance, gas construction, transmission & regulatory work, and
or gas damage control.-
- Ensures employees are completing training in a timely
- Participate in initiatives that benefit the facility and/or
- Monitors and operates with in the department
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED
- Experience in gas industry, 5 years
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle
- Ability to pass federally mandated random drug and alcohol
- Ability to work on-call rotation-Desired:-
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related
discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer service
- Leadership experience, job-related
- Experience in gas utility
- Leadership experience, represented employees
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Stockton , Supervisor, Gas T&D Pipeline Operations & Maintenance, Professions , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!