Senior Construction Estimator (Vertical Construction of Buildings) Lodi, CA
Company: TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners
Posted on: January 7, 2022
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR
Wood Frame and Concrete Public Sector Building Construction
Open Position: Senior Construction Estimator (Vertical Construction
of Public Sector Buildings)
Construction Office Location: Lodi, California
Leading vertical building construction management and construction
general contracting firm with over 40 years of success providing
high quality construction services including layout, demolition,
excavation, on-site and off-site concrete, and all carpentry
related work; actively seeks seasoned and experienced Senior
Construction Estimator to join our Lodi, CA office.
This is a long term, full time career opportunity with opportunity
for professional growth and advancement.
The Senior Construction Estimator prepares detailed cost estimates
for proposed new construction projects involving both competitive
bid and negotiated work. The majority of our construction projects
are public sector wood frame and concrete building projects such as
schools, fire stations, police stations, community centers,
entertainment theatres, etc. Estimator must be able to perform all
estimating duties and subcontractor solicitation. Senior
Construction Estimator shall assign segments of projects to the
Estimating Team Members and have the final review of all Bids.
Senior Construction Estimator Qualifications and Experience
Ideal Construction Estimator will have at least 8 to 15 years of
building construction estimating experience preferable pertaining
to vertical building construction
Ideal Construction Estimator will have past Hard Bid project
Estimating experience pertaining to k-12 education, higher
education, or other school related building projects is
Must be skilled in reading construction plans / blueprints and
Construction Estimating experience dealing with mid to large scale
building projects in value of $10 million or more is a plus
Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil
Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of costs to prepare conceptual
- Thorough understanding of Labor (Production), Equipment, and
- Strong knowledge and understanding of design development,
- Advanced user of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Adept in quickly learning new software, related to drafting,
modeling, estimating and scheduling.
- Working knowledge of construction drawings, costs and
Leadership and Communication Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Negotiate effectively in all situations; settle differences while
maintaining positive relationships - Display a high degree of
integrity and social responsibility during the performance of daily
- Ability to teach and motivate other Estimators on the Team
- Ability to collaborate with team and manage multiple tasks,
produce work on a time-sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a
positive attitude at all times
- Demonstrate good time management skills with the ability to
organize and manage multiple priorities
- Create strong morale on his/her team while working to achieve a
- Provide value to each project through innovation and attention to
Senior Construction Estimator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with new estimators assigned to the department; ensures
that they receive maximum exposure to the cost estimating process.
May review the work of other staff members for accuracy; offers
suggestions as needed before bid data is consolidated.
- Reviews and analyzes owner contract documents for both negotiated
and bid construction projects to determine both the nature and
scope of the work to be performed.
- Attends preliminary meetings with owners and architects to
discuss the budget plan to ensure that all issues and questions
effecting the construction of the project are fully clarified
before the estimating sequence begins.
- Works with the estimating team to prepare detailed, quantity and
cost take-offs for assigned segments of the project.
- Using an approved list of contractors, invites subcontractors to
submit bids on portions of the job to the subcontracted (elevators,
mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Ensures that drawings are made available in a timely manner and
in sufficient numbers to facilitate the estimate.
- Compiles cost data received for subcontractors for our
- Examines data as it is being received for both accuracy and
sufficiency before completing the final bid estimate.
- When preliminary cost estimates exceed the owners expected budget
works with architects and owners in a value-engineering role.
- Assists in exploring a multitude of architectural alternatives;
pricing the alternatives that offers the greatest opportunity for
cost savings. In an effort to identify other cost-savings
alternatives solicits the view of other internal personnel (Project
Managers and Superintendents).
- Assists in maintaining and updating the master bid list for the
all Divisions of work as detailed in the CSI Masterformat.
- May at times assist in preparing final construction schedules,
and construction logistic plans.
- Be familiar and follow the company Construction Estimating
Great vision without great people is irrelevant. The only way to
consistently perform at a remarkable level of productivity and
quality is to hire, educate and retain great people. Our firm has a
teamwork philosophy focused on open communication, focused planning
and continuous improvement. Our careful hiring process enables the
best blend of knowledge, experience and personality traits and
alignment with our existing team culture, thereby maintaining
harmony and increasing productivity.
As a construction industry leader, our own team performs concrete
forming, placement, erection tilt-up wall panels, and carpentry
work for vertical building construction projects. For over 50
years, our teams have turned dreams into structures that stand the
test of time, throughout California, Nevada, Oregon and Hawaii. We
have been fortunate to partner in building spaces for life such as:
Schools, Theaters, Wineries, Parking Structures, Professional
Facilities, Treatment plants, Colleges, Performing Arts Centers,
Power Plants, Police Stations, High Schools, Highway Patrol
Offices, Regional Transit Centers, and Irrigation Districts.
As we build these structures and community life within them, our
communities build our future and a better tomorrow.
Benefits of Employment:
Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
Annual Performance Bonus
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration
please email detailed resume to Construction Division Lead, James
Cameron at email@example.com
Terms: construction estimator construction estimating
preconstruction estimates estimate vertical construction building
construction building construction estimating groundup construction
procore bluebeam primavera p6 timberline MS project OSHPD DSA
education higher education K-12 education hospitality wood frame
concrete construction general contractor construction management
timberline Winst take-off on-screen takeoff lodi galt Stockton Elk
Grove Modesto Fremont Oakland lathrop Manteca Tracy Ripon
Keywords: TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners, Stockton , Senior Construction Estimator (Vertical Construction of Buildings) Lodi, CA, Professions , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!