Line Lead - Production (Jabil Line - cupcakes)
Company: West Coast Magnetics
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTIONPRODUCTION LINE LEAD Quality
Policy:West Coast Magnetics is committed to meeting customer,
statutory and regulatory requirements, and continuous improvement
of the Quality Management SystemBasic Function:The Production Line
Lead is responsible for overseeing up to 10 employees to build
parts that are 100% in compliance with work instructions and with
workmanship standards that meet or exceed company standards.
Reporting Relationships:The Production Line Lead reports to the
department Supervisor and/or the Production Manager. Authority: The
Production Line Lead has the authority to:
- Assign jobs to each employee.
- Train employees.
- Handle minor personnel conflicts.Responsibilities and
- Maintain a daily production schedule.
- Assign work to production line employees to ensure production
schedules are met and workload is well balanced.
- Maintain production line efficiency to minimize wasted motion
and excessive work-in-process.
- Monitor employee attendance and absences and adjust workflow
- Confirm all work-in-process materials are clearly identified
and associated with the applicable work order.
- Interface with receiving, kitting and purchasing to ensure
material is received and kitted with sufficient time to make
customer delivery dates.
- Identify and resolve production line issues in a timely manner.
Alert supervisor of major issues immediately.
- Confirm operators have a copy of the current revision work
instruction available and that operators are actively following the
- Ensure operators are trained to perform their tasks, including
a full understanding of the product work instructions.
- Alert supervisor of employee performance issues.
- Monitor quality of work throughout the line.
- Ensure all parts are built in full compliance with work
instructions and workmanship standards.
- Inspect all completed jobs before release to in-process or
- Lead corrective action for defects and rejects identified in
final and in-process inspection.
- Ensure all operators have the correct tools for the job.
- Maintain the workspace in accordance with 5S principles.
Organize tools, remove any unnecessary items, keep area clean and
tidy. Perform end of day housekeeping.
- Monitor the availability of non-inventory items and production
supplies and request additional purchases as required.
- Ensure employees are fully aware of all safety policies and
ensure they have access to required PPE.
- Assist supervisor and manager with reviews for each employee.
Performance Measurements:The Production Line Lead will be deemed to
be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following is
- A productive working relationship with other personnel is
- Adherence to safety procedures and a minimal number of
- Adherence to company policy.
- Professional behavior including fair treatment of employees and
- All responsibilities and duties are exercised at a high
- Company quality system goals are met. Minimum Requirements: 2
years of experience in a production environment. Has the ability to
effectively lead their assigned employees. Completes training in
all relevant processes and quality standards.
Keywords: West Coast Magnetics, Stockton , Line Lead - Production (Jabil Line - cupcakes), Professions , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!