Maintenance Technician II - UniFirst
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Maintenance Tech II
to join our UniFirst Family! As a Team Partner in the Maintenance
Department, you will handle repairs, maintenance, installation and
troubleshooting of industrial equipment, systems, and components.
At UniFirst we have a standard Monday - Friday work week with
periodic night and weekend overtime! We have an immediate opening
and provide on the job training.
What's in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive quality skills training designed to
enhance their performance and assist them with their career
potential and advancement.
You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are
a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal
development and growth.
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different
cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it
takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
What you'll be doing:
- Troubleshoot sources of equipment problems through observation
and use of precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with emergency and
- Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
and associated control systems.
- Follow blueprints, schematics, operation manuals,
manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Perform boiler chemical and wastewater pre-treatment system
testing, record results in logbooks / computer systems and make
necessary chemical adjustments as required.
- Perform daily and weekly safety checks on boilers and make
necessary repairs as required.
- Inspect motor, belts, fluid levels, replace filters and perform
other maintenance actions in accordance with maintenance
- Performing basic welding activities to effect repairs on
facilities and equipment.
- Inspect, clean and lubricate shafts, bearings gears and other
equipment parts in accordance with work procedures and technical
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
What we're looking for:
- High school and/or GED is preferred.
- Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background is
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledgeable in industrial maintenance of facilities and
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience repairing industrial
processing equipment in a production environment required.
Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Must pass UniFirst's maintenance knowledge assessment to be
eligible for employment.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed
in English required.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills is required.
- Lockout / Tagout experience is required
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture
where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking
advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar
garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team
partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout
the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of
Selling Power magazine's 'Best Companies to Sell For' list and
recognized on Forbes magazine's 'Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies'
list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's
never been a better time to join our team.
There's a lot to love about UniFirst, where you come first.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of
race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical
or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy,
citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you
need accommodation for any part of the application process because
of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to
TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us
know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers
to provide personal financial information when submitting a job
application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information
may be fraudulent.by Jobble
Keywords: Unifirst, Stockton , Maintenance Technician II - UniFirst, Professions , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!