Electric Distribution, Supervisor (Stockton)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Requisition ID -# 142740 -Job Category: Maintenance /
Construction / Operations -Job Level: SupervisorBusiness Unit:
Electric OperationsWork Type: OnsiteJob Location: Stockton -
-Department OverviewThe Coworkers -of Electric Operations ensure
the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our
customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of
PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations,
including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction,
asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency
response. -Position SummaryThe Electric Distribution, Supervisor
manages employees involved in maintaining and/or building parts of
the Electric Operations distribution grid. Supervisors will lead
teams working on projects within a specific division. The
Supervisors are expected to provide safe and reliable electric
service while maintaining compliance with the California Public
Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, all safety regulations
and other regulatory requirements. The leaders fully implement
safety best practices and manage employee's accountability.
Supervisors must ensure full compliance with the Injury and Illness
Prevention Program. -Job Responsibilities
- Travels at least 20% of the time with occasional overnight
stays. -Ensures maintenance and construction work is completed on
time and within budget and quality expectations, while monitoring
compliance to standards and specifications
- Develops and/or executes action plans to address deficiencies
in process or employee skill/knowledge and track the progress of
those plans. -Provides current, direct, complete and "actionable"
positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy
and treats direct reports equitably. -Completes and maintains all
work documentation and reporting.
- Effectively utilizes resources by monitoring crew productivity.
-Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements
work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate
and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews current work practices for operational efficiencies and
deficiencies. -Identifies and reacts to complex field decisions,
utilizing technical knowledge and experience to move forward
quickly, considering cost, risk, safety, quality, and customer
- Ensures that customers' needs and expectations are met.
Provides clear, professional, proactive communication with
customers in a variety of field situations during the project,
while ensuring regulatory compliance and safety.
- Facilitates and leads weekly team meetings/tailboards.
-Regularly visits field work sites to monitor progress and employee
performance. -Develops and maintains regional contacts and
interacts with local government.
- Proactively prepares for emergency situations; supports company
efforts during emergencies. -Supervises staff including bargaining
unit employees, to accomplish results through recruitment and
selection, training and development, performance management, and
rewards and recognition. -QualificationsMinimum:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in engineering,
manufacturing, construction, field maintenance operations, or
related electric utility experience
- Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule, including
being on call as well as responding to emergencies that may occur
throughout our service territory
- CA Class C License, or equivalentDesired:
- Previous experience in the electric utility industry;
Journeyman Lineman experience preferred
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in the areas of Engineering,
Construction, or Business Administration
- Demonstrated ability to uphold safety standards and participate
in continuous process improvement
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and/or supervising
bargaining unit personnel
- Ability to influence a team to handle and prioritize multiple
tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience using business metrics to motivate and influence
- Extensive leadership skills including developing and conducting
presentations to employees and management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work outside in remote areas, steep and/or uneven
terrain, and inclement weather conditions
- Associates Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or
- Experience as Lineman, journey-level
- Utility industry experience, electric#featuredjob -
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Stockton , Electric Distribution, Supervisor (Stockton), Professions , Stockton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!